Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
INGREDIENTSI used dry black beans and soaked overnight, this will increase your prep time, but it's less expensive and allows you to control the salt.
- 1.5 cups of dry black beans, soaked overnight
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup chocolate drops divided
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease an 8x8" baking pan and set aside.
- Put beans, coconut oil, coconut sugar and honey into the container of your Nutribullet or Food Processor. Blend until well combined.
- Add cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Add in eggs and blend until just combined.
- Mix in ½ cup chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour into greased 8×8-inch pan and top with remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is set and brownies are just barely pulling away from the sides.
Let cool, cut and ENJOY!
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat for 15 seconds in the microwave to restore the fresh-from the oven gooeyness.
Store/freeze.Store these black bean brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Reheat in the oven or microwave.