Cashew, Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls
These are a great protein filled quick snack which have a different wee twist on the standard chocolate flavoured bliss ball. You can make up a batch and pop them in the fridge for a easy, delicious snack.
1/2 cup Natural Almonds
1/2 cup Cashews
1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1/4 cup Dates
1/4 cup Diced Apricots
2 Tbsp Boiling Water
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1. Whiz up your nuts so they are not quite smooth but still have a bit of texture through them
2. Pop the dates in the boiling water to soften and then once softened whiz up to a paste
3. Melt your coconut oil and then add all ingredients together in a bowl and mix thoroughly until all completely combined.
4. Wash and wet your hands then roll into balls with about a teaspoon of mixture for each ball. You can also easily just throw it all into a dish and let set in the fridge too if you can't be bothered with the rolling process.
5. Pop in the fridge to set for a couple of hours and then store in the fridge to have on hand for a quick snack.
You can get all of the ingredients for these all zero waste online through our shop.
You can sub the cashews and almonds for any nuts you like - walnuts also work well in this recipe or you can use almond meal or oats instead too.