Vegan Raw Slice
This raw vegan slice recipe with cashews is a family favourite. I prefer to keep it simple in the kitchen and this is definitely a “throw together”, for all to enjoy guilt-free!
This no-bake slice is so delicious and easy to make. It's super healthy, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. Cut it into squares and keep in the fridge to enjoy that week, or place in a container in the freezer for another time.
You can get your waste free refill ingredients right here. If your local, drop in your jars or containers to be refilled or for shipping, no worries we have recyclable brown paper bags.
Try the vegan slice recipe and let us know what you think.
- Soak 2 Cups raw cashew nuts, 2 cups dates, and Zest of 1 orange and juice for a couple of hours or over night, no biggy if you are in a hurry just eliminate the soaking.
- Put all the above ingredients in a food processor along with 2Tbsp of Fix & Fogg Almond Butter, 1/4 Cup of Cranberries, 1/4 cup of diced Apricots and 2Tbsp of Organic Chia seeds / or flax seeds (or in my case I added both). Pulse the ingredients until well combined.
- Next add in 3Tbsp melted Coconut oil, whizz again briefly.
- Press into a slice tin (20cmx30cm) lined with baking paper and chill in the fridge until firmly set.
- Meanwhile prepare the chocolate. In a small pot melt 6Tbsp of Coconut Oil, when melted, take off the heat and add 6Tbsp Organic Cacao Powder, 1Tbsp Maple Syrup, mix together.
- Optional if you wish for your slice to be more decadent - then pour chocolate mixture evenly over chilled slice, sprinkle with fine Coconut and Trade Aid 50% Organic chocolate drops.
- Allow to set in the fridge for a couple of hours, then slice into squares.
- Store in a container in the fridge.
Bon appétit x