Easy Oat Flourless Chocolate Chip Biscuits
These zero waste flourless chocolate chip cookies are the perfect quick, healthy mix to whip up with the kids or as an easy go-to weekly cookie for school lunches. They are made with a total of only 6 ingredients and take less than 5 minutes to mix together and then cook.
They are flourless, dairy free and have a base of oats and coconut so are perfect for a healthy sugar packed cookie alternative.
2 cups Quick Oats
3/4c Fine or Shredded Coconut
1tsp Baking Powder
1/2c Chocolate Chips or Dark Choc Chunks
1/4c Coconut Oil
1/4c Maple Syrup
1/8c - 1/4c Warm Water
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees on fan bake. Mix all of the dried ingredients together in a bowl then add your melted coconut oil, maple syrup and the warm water gradually until a sticky mixture forms.
2. Mix thoroughly until your mixture is fully mixed in and is moist enough to roll into little rough balls - you may need to add a little more maple syrup or water if it doesn't seem sticky enough. Don't worry if the mixture seems a little crumbly they will stick together (trust us!) they will just be lovely and crunchy once cooked.
3. Using a teaspoon get a teaspoon of mixture and roll with your hands into little balls and pop onto a greased oven tray (no need for baking paper if you grease your trays). Squash down using your palm or the back of a moist fork.
4. Bake for around 12-15 minutes until they are turning a light golden brown. Take out of the oven and let them cool completely before moving onto a cooling rack to cool overnight ideally.
5. Store in an airtight container either in your pantry or in your fridge and see how quickly they disappear!
If you would like to buy the dry mixture for these pre-made jar we have them available here.