Apricot Almond & Honey Energy Balls
Apricot Almond energy balls are made with simple ingredients and just sweetened with dried fruit and a little honey. It is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free.
These sweet and scrumptious snack balls are bite size and easy to make, great for taking out on adventures such as hikes, road trips or a treat for morning or afternoon tea.
MAKES 15 BALLS:
INSTRUCTIONS:These no bake healthy Apricot, Almond energy balls couldn't be easier to make. Just throw the ingredients in a food processor, process until they are combined and roll into bite-sized balls. Simple!
- Place ingredients almonds, coconut and apricots, a in food processor blend for 2 minutes until mixture resembles a fine crumb.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for 3 minutes, scraping down the sides often until a sticky dough is formed and until well combined.
- Blending for this long, will bring the mixture together without needing to add more liquids, as it allows the oils from the nuts and coconut to release to form the sticky dough.
- Roll into balls - using a tablespoon, spoon out dough and roll the mixture into small balls with your hands and place on baking tray. Make 15 good sized balls or 25 small snack balls (whether you've got little mouths to feed).
- Allow to set - Place baking tray in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the balls to set and become firmer.
- Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They'll keep for at least a 10 days or in the freezer for 2 months.
I love to make a double batch of these and keep them in the freezer so I don't have to meal prep as often (or clean the food processor twice).