Seed Slice by The Holistic Nutritionist
Our dear friend Kate Callaghan The Holistic Nutritionist shared this delicious, healthy, waste free seed slice at our Sustainability Evening back in 2019 and it went down a treat. It is a nutritious, protein filled slice which is perfect to replace any store bought muesli bars that you may buy in unnecessary plastics.
It is so so simple to make, affordable, refined sugar free and you can get all of the ingredients with no excess plastics and packaging through our online store.
What is also a bonus with this slice, is that it is nut free so its' perfect to make up a batch for lunchboxes for the week ahead. The coconut oil and brown rice malt syrup provide the sweetness and bind the slice as well as add a crunch to it once it cools.
1/2 c pumpkin seeds
1/2 c sunflower seeds
1/2 c flaxseeds
1/4 c chia seeds
1/4 c sesame seeds
1 c fine coconut
1/2 c coconut oil
1/2 c rice malt syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl and preheat your oven to 150 degrees
2. Melt the coconut oil and brown rice malt syrup in a pot over a medium heat and then once off the heat add the vanilla
3. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet and mix until really well combined
4. Grease a tin which will allow your slice to be about a couple of centimetres thick, pop the mixture into the tin and then press down really really firmly
5. Pop into the oven for 30mins or until starting to turn golden brown
6. Take out of the oven and let cool completely before you slice up. You can also cut the slice pre it going into the oven to help with cutting once it cools.
Thanks so much to our dear friend Kate The Holistic Nutritionist for sharing this easy, delicious recipe with us. It is one we often make and enjoy remembering how blessed we were to know you.