Easy Go-To Raw Granola Bars - RSF
These are an easy go-to muesli bar which are handy to make up a batch of at the start of the week for a quick after school snack or an addition in lunchboxes. They are refined sugar free and instead sweetened with the combination of honey and a nut or seed butter of your choice.
The trick is to make sure you refrigerate them overnight before eating and then keep them in the fridge for the week as well as ensuring they are packed tightly into your setting tray - this all just helps to make sure they hold well and don't crumble.
1c Quick Oats
1/4 cup x 4 of any nuts or seeds you have on hand. I usually use chia seeds each time as they help the recipe to bind. Faxseeds are great, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and then I usually chop up a small amount of almonds for a bit of a crunchier texture.
1/4c melted Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp melted Honey or 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1/2c Smooth Peanut Butter or any other nut or seed butter you have on hand.
1. Combine all of your dry ingredients in a bowl
2. Melt your coconut oil, honey and peanut butter in a pot and stir well on a low heat making sure not to burn
3. Combine your wet and dry ingredients and stir really really well
4. Pack down really firmly into a shallow tray with wet hands and then pop in the fridge for at least 24hrs.
5. Cut into squares or rectangles once set.
We have found there are a few wee tips to help to ensure this recipe produces a nice firm muesli bar and one that isn't too crumbly. If your mixture seems a little dry add a little bit more coconut oil as this helps it set and then ensure you pack it really firmly into your tray with wet hands.