Protein Packed Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
These are our go to bliss balls which we make almost weekly to have a super easy, chocolate protein packed snack on hand. The peanut butter in these make them so creamy, yummy and delicious. We normally make a big batch of them and pop them into the freezer and then an extra jar is put in the fridge which we top up. Not only are these little balls of goodness loaded with protein and refined sugar free you can make them with no waste or packaging at all from refilling all of your ingredients.
They take all of around 10 minutes to make and only have 5 ingredients in them so one that the kids can even help with - if you can stop them eating the mixture!
1 cup of whizzed Natural Almonds
1/2 cup of Fix & Fogg Peanut Butter
1/4 cup of Dates soaked in 1/4 boiling water
1/2 cup of coconut plus a little more for rolling
1/4 cup of raw cacao powder
1. Soak your dates in your boiling water for around 5 minutes then whizz up into a paste
2. Whizz your almonds until they are crumbly but there are still small chunks in them.
3. Add dates, almonds and all other ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
4. Roll into little balls using about a teaspoon full of mixture each time and roll them in some fine coconut to coat.
5. Pop them in the fridge or freezer for a easy, nutritious zero waste snack anytime.
You can get all of the ingredients for these with absolutely no waste by refilling your own containers with us or ordering the ingredients to be sent to you in our brown paper bags if you are outside of our local area.