Mountain Muesli Bars
Our small people started their annual ski lessons this weekend. In the instructions it stated, bring snacks that they can put in their pockets for during class if they get hungry. Obviously the easy option would be to give them a muesli bar out of a plastic packet, wrapped in a plastic packet!. just imagine all that plastic littering the ski slopes! So we all like this recipe and wrap it in a beeswax wrap and stick it in their pocket. We'll see how many pieces it comes back in!
- 100g Coconut oil
- 170g Honey
- 125g Nut butter
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 135g Brown Sugar
- 150g Rolled Oats
- 50g Fine Coconut
- 1 1/4 cups Energy Boost Mix
- 40g Plain flour (We use gluten free blend)
- 25g Rice Bubbles
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Melt the Coconut Oil, Honey and Nut Butter together
- Add the Sugar, Cinnamon and Salt and mix until smooth and all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Mix all the other ingredients and stir in the liquid mixture until completely incorporated
- Pour into your prepared tin, press down firmly and bake for 30min.
- Leave to cool, turn out of the tin and cut into bars.