Healthy Gluten Free Carrot & Date Loaf
This is another super easy, quick and healthy recipe that is on a weekly rotation in our household. It is one which is great to send in lunchboxes (although not nut free) or to make up when you have friends visiting plus the added carrots are a added veggie bonus.
As with a lot of our recipes it takes less than 10 minutes to make, doesn't include a lot of complicated expensive ingredients and is healthy and refined sugar free.
1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter
1/4 cup rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup almond meal
2 tbsp coconut flour
3/4 cup - 1 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup sunflower seeds & pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped dates
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees and pop a loaf tray into the oven to heat.
2. Mix all ingredients into a large bowl and mix altogether. I find it best to add the coconut flour last as this absorbs moisture quite quickly.
3. Grease your loaf tin with a bit of butter or coconut oil and then pour your mixture into your loaf tin.
4. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until your skewer comes out clean.
5. Serve with butter after it has cooled and then pop it into the fridge to store up to 2 weeks.