GF, RSF & DF Quinoa Flake Muesli Bars
I have been contemplating making an easy cheap gluten free muesli bar for ages now to take to work as a quick and healthy snack or give to the kids as an after school/preschool quick and filling snack while I prepare tea.
They are super simple to make and only have 8 ingredients total - they are definitely a recipe that the kids can help with.
The first time I made a batch of these my kids and husband all loved them and my husband (who likes to hassle me about the amount of quinoa we eat) was a bit shocked to learn the main ingredient is actually quinoa flakes ;).
1 cup Quinoa Flakes
1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
4 Dried Dates Chopped
1 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Himalayan Salt
2 Tbsp Honey or Brown Rice Malt Syrup
3 Tbsp Peanut or Almond Butter
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1. Mix all of of the dried ingredients together
2. Melt the honey, peanut or almond butter and coconut oil together
3. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together - mix them really really well
4. Press into a greased muesli bar oven tray - the tip here is to push down with wet hands really really hard so that they stick together well when cooked - scour into bars before baking
5. Bake in the oven at 180 until the edges and top have turned golden
6. Take out of the oven and leave to cool completely before cutting properly and storing in the fridge or freezer for a quick and healthy GF snack with all the goodness.