These muesli bar jars are a simple, easy blender recipe which results in a deliciously chewy and moorish muesli bar that the whole family will love. We always have them on hand for in lunch boxes and knowing that they are refined sugar free, gluten free and dairy free just adds to their appeal.
You can buy the mix in a jar which is perfect as a gift or you can buy the mix in one of your own containers or in a paper bag which is perfect if you are buying them to make for your own family and do not need the excess jar.
The recipe simply requires all of the ingredients to be popped in a high speed blender then whizzed up enough to leave a crunchy texture. One bowl, one blender and only a handful of ingredients - these muesli bars will soon become a quick weekly staple recipe we promise. They are a great, cost effective zero waste alternative to store bought muesli bars and one batch makes about twice the amount of pre-packaged, store bought muesli bars.
Ingredients: Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Chia Seeds, Linseed, Almonds, Shredded Coconut and Dates
Additional Ingredients Required
4 Tbsp melted Coconut Oil
1/4c Maple Syrup
1. Pop all of the above ingredients in a blender and mix until thoroughly combined but still a big of a chunky texture.
2. Press the mixture down into a suitable tin - you don't want them too thin otherwise you will lose some of the chewiness.
3. Bake at 180 until the edges are golden - roughly around 12-15mins.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the tin (this is important). Once cool you can then slice into your desired sizes and then pop into the fridge to chill overnight. This is when they get some of their crunch too and it avoids them turning into a crumbly mess.
5. Store in the fridge and enjoy!