These zero waste gluten free seed cracker mixes are the measured mix for our popular Zero Waste GF Seed Crackers over on our blog. They are 6 simple ingredients combining seeds and nutritional yeast which easily make a large batch of our crackers. The crackers are perfect for on platters, as a quick protein packed GF snack or a healthy addition to your lunch or dinner.
These seed crackers take less than 20 minutes to mix and make and there is no kneading or rolling of dough - simple press it on thinly on a tray and bake. This batch of ingredients make 2 tray fulls of crackers so are very cost effective compared to store bought GF crackers.
These make the perfect zero waste gift or little treat to yourself. You can buy them with or without the jar and we also have an organic and non-organic option for your preferences.
Non-Organic Ingredients: Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Chai Seeds, Linseeds, Sesame Seeds, Nutritional Yeast
Organic Ingredients: Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Chai Seeds and Nutritional Yeast
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees on fan bake. Mix all of the dried ingredients together in a bowl then add the water and let the mixture sit anywhere between 10-20 minutes until all of the water has been absorbed.
2. Grease a couple of oven trays with coconut oil or butter. Split the mixture evenly between the 2 trays then wet your hands and spread the mixture out as much as possible until it is around 2mm-3mm thick. You don't want them too thick otherwise they lose their crunch.
Tip - I find it far easier to work with wet hands doing this as the mixture doesn't stick as easily and I can get them thinner on the tray.
3. With a big knife cut the crackers into squares - don't stress about cutting all the way through as they will snap on the lines very easily.
4. Bake for around 40-50 minutes until they are turning golden brown. Take out of the oven and let them cool completely before breaking into the squares.
5. You can store these for around 2 weeks.